Thumbnails and QuickView for Windows Explorer. Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP - 32 and 64 bit.
Control panel for total customisation
Dynamic thumbnails for many image formats natively in Windows Explorer
Recommended for Professional and Amateur photographers, Artists, Content Creators, Printers, Game Designers etc.
MysticThumbs generates thumbnails of many image formats not natively supported by Windows.
It plugs into Windows Explorer so you don't have to run a separate application to preview your images, see them all in the native shell and Open/Save dialog boxes in all 32 and 64 bit applications.
Thumbnails of many images types and with small icon / details view support
3ds Max (.max)
Adobe Brush Set (.abr)
Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
Adobe InDesign (.indd)
Adobe Photoshop Document (.pdd, .psb, .psd)
Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf)
Amiga Image (.aur, .blk, .ilbm, .lbm)
Apple Macintosh Quickdraw (.pct, .pict)
Archive (.rar, .zip)
AVS X (.avs)
Cals Raster Group (.cal, .cals)
Camera RAW (.arw, .cr2, .crw, .dcr, .dng, .erf, .k25, .kdc, .mef, .mrw, .nef, .orf, .pef, .raf, .rw2, .sr2, .srf, .x3f)
Comic Book (.cbr, .cbz)
Corel Draw (.cdr)
Cursor (.ani, .crs, .cur)
DICOM Image (.dcm)
Digital Moving Picture (.dpx)
DirectDraw Surface (.dds)
Email Stationary (.eml)
epub eBook (.epub)
Flexible Image Transport System (.fits, .fts)
Google Sketchup (.skb, .skp)
Google Sketchup Material (.layout, .skm)
Google WebP (.webp)
Group 3 Fax (.fax, .g3)
HTML (.htm, .html, .mht, .xhtml)
Icon (.ico, .icon)
IPL Image Sequence (.ipl)
Irix RGB (.rgb, .sgi)
JBIG (.bie, .jbg, .jbig)
JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg)
JPEG-2000 (.jp2, .jpc, .jpf, .jpx, .pgx)
Kodak Cineon (.cin)
Kubotek (.ckd, .ckt)
Maya (.ma, .mb)
Maya Image (.iff)
mobi eBook (.mobi)
Paint Shop Pro (.msk, .pfr, .psp, .pspbrush, .pspframe, .pspimage, .pspmask, .pspselection, .pspshape, .psptube, .tub)
Paintbrush (.dcx, .pcx)
PBMPlus Portable Anymap (.pam, .pbm, .pfm, .pgm, .pnm, .ppm)
Photo CD (.pcd, .ph)
Portable Network Graphics (.png)
PostScript (.eps, .ps)
Radiance HDR (.hdr, .hdri, .pic, .rgbe, .xyze)
Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg, .svgz)
Slow Scan TeleVision (.hrz)
TIFF (.ptif, .tif, .tiff, .tiff64)
Truevision Targa (.icb, .tga, .tpic, .vda, .vst)
Windows Bitmap (.bmp)
Windows DIB (.dib)
Windows Media Photo (JPEG XR) (.jxr, .wdp, .wmp)
Windows Metafile (.emf, .emg, .emz, .wmf, .wmz)
Wireless Bitmap (.wbmp)
The fully configurable control panel allows complete thumbnail and icon overlay customisation, with options like transparency, thumbnail borders, scaling, embedded thumbnail selection and more.
Compound file support for files such as HTML, Maya and EML that use external files
to make a complete image.
Options are controlled on a file type / extension level or if required on specific files through context menu control in Explorer.
File type or file-by-file transparency options and optional forced transparency on the desktop
Icon customisation and metadata support
- QuickView - if you miss your Apple Mac then press Ctrl+Space to QuickView files.
- High DPI support for the vision impaired and extra high resolution displays.
- Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, SVG, RAW Photography images, DirectX, Targa, PowerVR game textures and all sorts of other file formats never looked so good in Explorer.
- No need for any other application to see your thumbnails and quickly preview your images.
- All suported file types are all fully configurable.
- Transparency support - opaque, transparent, checkerboard options to help clarify transparent thumbnails against window backgrounds.
- Very lean and fast, written 100% in optimised C/C++ using only Win32 system calls - no .NET, no MFC or other bloat to slow things down.
- Individual image customisation via context menu.
- Embedded thumbnail or full image extraction.
- Enhanced support for Windows native supported images (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF).
- WAV sound files displayed as a waveform.
- Customizable file type icon overlays.
- Thumbnail adornment option, shadow or flat (no frame).
- Per image adjustments via context menu.
- Force transparent thumbnails on desktop option.
- Regular updates.
- Plugin support so you can add your own formats.
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukranian.
See a more complete feature list here.
Download an older version
Install and updates require Administrator privileges.
MysticThumbs is signed using a Microsoft® Authenticode® Certificate.
This ensures the software is legitimate and has not been tampered with. Download only from MysticCoder.net and be sure you receive the blue User Account Control security prompt when installing.
Do not install if you have received from a third party source and receive an orange unknown publisher warning.
Go to the order page now to purchase your full copy of MysticThumbs.
Awards and Media
Softoxi.com editor team:
"MysticThumbs - generate thumbnails for a large variety of image formats and view them in the Windows Explorer. This reliable and easy to use piece of software can prove to be an useful application for any user out there that owns a computer that runs on Windows XP, Vista or 7 operating system."